Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What do I use for video encoding...

This is a question frequently asked. Here are some of the thing I use for videos.

Video transcoding: (changing form 1 format to another)
  • SUPER from erightsoft
  • ImToo 3GP encoder from ImToo
  • AnyVideoConverter from here
  • MP4 to AVI batch converter. Very useful for making home movies from the MP4 videos on your phone here
  • Nokia Video Manager
  • Nokia Multimedia Player
  • PSP Video9 and PS3Video9
Video Editing: (creating more complex videos, home movies)
  • SUPER from erightsoft
  • Windows Movie Maker
  • Nero Platnium 7
Audio encoding:
  • Windows Media Player 11 (both Mp3 and WMA files and I also modified it to recognize MP4 videos)
  • iTunes, I've used it for AAC files
Codecs:
  • DIVX codec from DIVX
  • FFDSHOW codec pack
Video Players PC: (to watch the videos encoded or transcoded including 3GP and 3G2)
  • WMP11
  • Quicktime 7
  • RealPlayer
  • Divx Player
This is what I'm using. There are a lot of other solutions out there, sometimes (when I have time) I'll try some other solution, but what I have works for me.

Some tools that other's are using with some success: Handbrake, FLV, Xilisoft.

I'll keep posting. Hopefully if I built it you will come ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an N95, and I would like to encode avi to watch on my nokia, I can´t do it with the program nokia provides because it just doesn´t work, and super its a little difficult for me. do you have any suggestions?
yours,
Cecilia

El_loco said...

Thanks for commenting. How did you find this site? I'm curious.

I answer to you in my new post. If you can't see it just Refresh (Alt+R in Firefox or Shift+Refresh in Explorer)

Anonymous said...

Hi there el_loco, I'am from Argentina. One of the most attractive features of the Nseries devices I was attracted to was the fact of being able to play high quality videos on them. I got an N95-3, and I am very pleased with it regarding video playing abilities. Been trying to find the best settings for it to play on device and via tv-out. This post is just to thank you for sharing your experience in video encoding with us, I've learned a lot from your posts, especially in nokia forums. This blog is a great idea, best of lucks!!! and thanks again for your hardwork.

Ariel

El_loco said...

Hola anonimo. Aqui podemos hablar espanol.
Te agradezco el comentario, si necesitas ayuda no dudes en enviar algun comentario.

Anonymous said...

hey i have an nokia xpressmusic 5310 and i am trying to put short video clips on it but it only plays the sound and i cant see the movie could you help me

El_loco said...

The problem is you are not encoding the correct video settings.

Check the properties of your converted video and post them here. Use Super or at least Quicktime to know the codec, resolution, bitrate and framerate.

If you don't know how to do it check out this post HERE

KPN said...

In super the sound quality sucks and in imtoo video converter the video quality was not too good, well i have NOKIA N70 and can you please tell me which converter would change avi video in to hd quality (3gp or MP4) ,thanks.

i hope you can help me......

El_loco said...

Hi POLASH,

If the sound quality is not good enough maybe you are using the wrong audio codec or are using too low bitrate or sample rate. I don't think SUPER itself would introduce poor audio quality, I may be wrong of course but I get excellent results.

Imtoo same thing. Video quality is good depending on the video codec, bitrate and other settings.

The N70 is quite an old phone now a days. Maybe you should check out some newer phones that have better support for video.

HD as in High Definiton has different levels. The lowest HD is 360p (p is progressive).

I believe the 5800/N97 support 360p (i.e. lowest HD resolution).

FREE TRIAL