Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Welcome to this blog

Hello all.

Some of you may know me from the Nokia discusssion forum link others may have found their way here from a search engine.
The purpose of this blog is to post some detailed instructions and information about Video Coding for Nseries devices in general but also for the upcoming N96.
A few words about myself. I've been a fan of mobile devices and techno-gadgets for more than I care to admit. I was also a fan of computers since the personal computer was in its infancy, but as I got older (and hopefully wiser), I moved more into portable devices and away from the PC and coding.
Throughout these times I've used many a mobile phone and other mobile devices (palmtops, PDA, portable gaming devices, etc.). Personally I'm also a bit of a gamer, more than a casual gamer, but not a hardcore gamer, a photo aficionado (used film until 2 years ago when finally I made the switch to a digital SLR), a part time musician (I'm also part of a band), and audio/video technogeek.
I've used Nokia devices for a number of years. Since the 2110, 6110, 6160, 7110, 7710, 9210, N-gage, N-gage QD, up to the N91, N91 8GB, N92. Recently I also used the N81 and N95 8GB.
But my main devices at the moment are the N91 8GB and the N95. That is, until the N96 comes out.
I'll post some general tips about video encoding that I've learned or picked up from other helpful users in other blogs/fora. Posting pictures and screenshots as applicable. And if you like some specific topic to be added please leave your comments.
I don't plan to answer each comment individually but look forward to improvement ideas.
Until the next post, keep on rocking!

No comments:

FREE TRIAL