Wednesday, December 3, 2008

How to best benefit from this blog?

If you've found this blog it probably means that you are looking for some information on how to encode or convert videos to play on Nokia phones.

So what are the basic posts you should check out?, where to start?, here are some tips.

If you want information on what settings to use for N96 then go HERE

If you want to know how to use SUPER check this post

If you want to find out the detailed information of your video clip either for your records or to ask for my help check this post. Make sure you also check the other POST

If what you want is to know what are the basic video capabilities of Nseries products check HERE

And if you want an in-depth description of how to change a widescreen to full screen then READ THIS.

TIP: You can also check all the posts by either subscribing to the RSS feed.

TIP: You can check out the Blog Archive in the right-hand side below the YouTube logo.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, and Happy New Year! I wonder if you can help me - I'm trying to covert my n95 mp4's into something windows movie maker can use. I've tried downloading codecs and also messing with super, but so far no luck. Any ideas?

Cheers
-Robin

El_loco said...

Check my post about what I use for Video Editing.

You'll find a link to a program called MP4Cam2AVI. This is a freeware program that converts MP4 to Xvid (AVI) files which W Movie Maker will read if you have the DIVX codec installed in your machine. Go to www.divx.com to get the codec.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I've just found your blog and had a good read through. I will be making use of your tips on changing thumbnails and adding album art this evening, so thank you.

Although this blog is about Nseries and the N96 I wonder if you will be looking the the 5800 at all? Having a higher resolution/ratio screen means that usual Nokia setting don't apply. I have very limited knowledge but so far have found that the best settings for the 640x360 screen is to use standard 'iphone widescreen' 480x270 as it has the same aspect ratio. So far i cant find a program to convert to the full 640x360. I would love to get the best out of what is currently the most capable video device in Nokias range.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Wayne.

El_loco said...

If you can spare a 5800 then I'll gladly look at it.

At the moment I find myself looking for a job so I'll be keeping my N96 longer and not buying phones or gadgets for the near future :(

Anyway, you can use SUPER (see my older posts) or other encoders to convert to the specific resolutions that the 5800 can play.

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

hello. i have a nokia 5800 that does not show album art exceptfor the dowloaded songs bought from the music store. can you help me resolve this problem? most of my songs have album arts in them, but cannot be transferred (song and album art) to my mobile device. why is this so?

El_loco said...

Hi Noel a few seconds browsing in the posts will have made you found the post about Album art.

Link

Swift said...

Thank you Bernardo Fidizila....This worked in my N73.

FREE TRIAL